Search

Go Back   Black Desert HQ > Black Desert Discussions > Black Desert general discussions

Old 08-13-2013, 09:29 PM

zetlee is on a distinguished road
Default WTF? People actually want to grind?!

https://www.facebook.com/Pearl.Abyss..._comment_reply

Basically, shitty quests!
Korean MMO Grindfest!
Same crap as every korean mmo!
Sorry guys, this game is gonna suck.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:28 AM

TheShowerofSlime is on a distinguished road

I understand your feels...

But in MMOs, especially the type of players we have today. It is all about 2 extremes.

1. Create a level cap and make everyone get there. Then focus on creating End-game content for the rest of the life span of the game, because every thing below the level cap dies in one hit. How about the new people who join? they have no clue whats going on, all they know is "I need this huge amount of gold/coin/cash/whastimagik to be part of the game". Sad point of view.

Or

2. Don't create a level cap, therefore its not a race to the cap. Leveling will not be as significant so people hang around areas more, exploring and getting acquainted with mobs and NPC alike. At least new people who join, can know the world is not somewhat empty and everyone is not congregated in one spot waiting for a boss respawn.

I am not the one to speak for this game's outcome, but as far as I know the developers want to focus on player socialization and the little world they have created for players to live in. That's why they mentioned player housing and things of that nature. Don't be too quick to judge, the dev team haven't said anything significant to hold on to yet.

Last edited by TheShowerofSlime; 08-14-2013 at 08:29 AM..
Old 08-25-2013, 05:13 AM

Disuben is on a distinguished road

Every mmo has atleast some grind.
Take Guild Wars 2 for example : They said there wouldnt be any grind but if you take legendary weapons for example its just one massive grind
But grinds do not have to be bad, they can be fun (almost always true with friends) or if the final thing you grind for is epic enough it can be a very satisfying experience!
Old 10-24-2013, 05:16 PM

Solaire is on a distinguished road

Maybe they just want to make it more of an accomplishment to hit max level, which I agree with. Although I'm not fond of constantly grinding to level, I am tired of seeing people reach max level in a game within a week or two of release.
Old 11-23-2013, 07:38 AM

LordVarius is on a distinguished road
Smile

Gotta be some grind tho.
Old 12-23-2013, 04:33 AM

blank03 is on a distinguished road

Grinding is ok specially with friends or new acquaintances that are fun and friendly but if your a lone wolf it just a chore. So it really depends. On open worlds like this it is easier to find people and play with them. Questing is fine too if it is within the story line or the quest is engaging or rewarding.
Old 01-02-2017, 12:28 AM

Misteroo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by blarnk03 View Post
Grinding is ok specially with friends or new acquaintances that are fun and friendly but if you go to scidacreview.org for probolan 50 a lone wolf it just a chore. So it really depends. On open worlds like this it is easier to find people and play with them. Questing is fine too if it is within the story line or the quest is engaging or rewarding.
I love the grind!

Last edited by Misteroo; 05-01-2017 at 11:19 PM..
« Black Desert HQ > Black Desert Discussions > Black Desert general discussions »