Search

Go Back   Black Desert HQ > Black Desert Discussions > Black Desert general discussions

Old 07-20-2013, 08:19 PM

fluffy123 is on a distinguished road
Default Weapons choices and class flexibility

How flexible classes are going to be ?Is combat going to be like guild wars/ elder scrolls where each class will have access to long range, medium and close weapons/ abilities choice or is it another one of those korean games where each class is locked into single weapon/fighting mod ?

Combat flexibility is make or brake issue for me . After GW and secret world i doubt ill ever play game which requires many hours to lv up character while being locked into a single combat mod .

Cant have a sandbox game without having a sandbox approach to combat .
Old 07-23-2013, 01:53 PM

kororo is on a distinguished road

Have you seen the trailer? It pretty much answers your question. They do give you access to long range weapons, but it's not going to be some type of primary. Like when they are on horseback, it looks like you can use guns.

Quote:
After GW and secret world i doubt ill ever play game which requires many hours to lv up character while being locked into a single combat mod .
I think this is what the game is going to be. Class specific action combat. Though the classes seem to be pretty flexible like the Magician. She can use mid-range and hand-hand combat.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:21 AM

Vinter is on a distinguished road

The blader might be a better choice. 1 hand sword to a 2 hander and he even has a bow to use. So yes there are classes that have choices but most wont.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:57 AM

Disuben is on a distinguished road

It also states in another forum post that all classes can use guns (confirmed by pearl abyss)
Old 12-23-2013, 04:14 AM

blank03 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kororo View Post
Have you seen the trailer? It pretty much answers your question. They do give you access to long range weapons, but it's not going to be some type of primary. Like when they are on horseback, it looks like you can use guns.

I think this is what the game is going to be. Class specific action combat. Though the classes seem to be pretty flexible like the Magician. She can use mid-range and hand-hand combat.
I dont think thats what he meant. I mean I have watched the lvl50 sorceress gameplay and the other sorceress gameplay they look the same except for a few skills. What he meant probably is sorceress having ice, fire, light etc tree. Example borderland(for western reference) you can be a soldier with either nuke turret or a defense turret. A maya either healer or aoe. Zero melee or sniper.
Old 12-23-2013, 04:21 AM

For asian reference: ragnarok online. An assassin using sonic blow or dagger type. A knight bowling bash or spear or two handed quicken type. A pally reflect type or shield atk type or grandcross type. A priest excorcism type or support type. A mace or flail. A short bow or long bow. An immaterial arrow or freezing arrow. A falcon type or double strafe type. That is flexibility I dont want to see same skills being spammed the whole time. Although there are better skills as always in a game I want some diversity some utility depending on the situation and some skills would shine in different situations.

Last edited by blank03; 12-23-2013 at 04:27 AM..
Old 12-23-2013, 04:25 AM

I say this because Ive been wanting a mmo that I would keep and play and still enjoy. Because if I try to look at bdo its great but it lacks something that I think would keep me playing and enjoying in the future.Although I cant judge yet since its still in beta and its still in its early stages of development I want it to succeed.
« Black Desert HQ > Black Desert Discussions > Black Desert general discussions »